Registered BAS Agent – Is your current agent registered…?
From the 16th of October the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) will be advertising to small businesses encouraging those who use an agent for their tax or business activity statement matters, to check that agent is registered. Small businesses are encouraged to check for the tax practitioners symbol or check the TPB Register – (click here)
REGISTERED BAS AGENT – why should I use one?
• The registered practitioner symbol is an easy way for your clients to see you are registered with the TPB and be assured that you have the necessary qualifications and experience.
• Registered BAS Agent must satisfy certain qualifications and experience requirements, which are set out in the Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009 (TASR).
• Primary qualification – A Registered BAS Agent must have a primary academic qualification in bookkeeping or accounting at a Certificate IV level or a higher award (for example, a diploma, Advanced diploma or degree). The qualification must have been obtained from a registered training organisation or an equivalent institution.
• GST/BAS course – A Registered BAS Agent must also have completed a Board approved course in basic GST/BAS taxation principles (also known as GST/BAS course).
• Registered BAS Agents must undertake continuing professional education (CPE) that meets our requirements to be eligible to renew their registration.
Tashly Consulting is a Registered BAS Agent #86318001 and we are dedicated to providing seamless, high-quality, transparent bookkeeping services – If you would like a further information please contact us via telephone 0413 631 909 or via email.
Tashly Consulting – Not your average Bean Counter!
Disclaimer: All or any advice contained in this blog/newsletter is of a general nature only & may not apply to your individual business circumstances. For specific advice relating to your specific situation, please contact your accountant or other professional adviser for further discussion.